The “KLab Creative Fes-2D-” Character Illustration Contest is Back!
Tokyo, Japan ‐ April 25, 2017 - KLab Inc., a leader in online mobile games, announced that it will hold its 2D CG design contest KLab Creative Fes-2D- again this year. Submissions for the contest, abbreviated as KCF 2D, are now being accepted as of Wednesday, April 25 (UTC+9).
This design contest for students and aspiring illustrators does not focus on any single theme, but instead asks artists to submit a wide variety of character illustrations based on characters that can be used in games, anime, or any other character-related setting. The prizes to be awarded for the contest include the grand prize, second prize, and honorable mentions. Each prize category comes with its own monetary reward.
Submissions Accepted Here:
About KLab Creative Fes-2D-
KCF 2D is a spinoff of the original KLab Creative Fes (KCF), a 3D CG design contest for students held annually since 2015.
KCF first kicked off in 2015 as an opportunity for student creators, the next generation of up-and-coming talent, to flex their creative muscles, and will be held again in 2018. (KCF ’18 official site: http://www.klab.com/jp/recruit/kcf18/)
Participants in past contests have commented on how they were glad they entered, because they previously lacked confidence in the quality of their work, but having the courage to take part helped them to take the next step in their careers. Building on the momentum of past contests, KCF 2D gives student creators the opportunity to enter for a chance to win impressive prizes and take their art to the next level. Art and design students across the country are encouraged to challenge themselves and submit their best work.
The contest is now accepting submissions (see below for details).
Application Period: April 25, 2018 to 11:59 pm on May 31, 2018 (UTC +9)
Results Announced: Mid-June 2018 (* Tentative schedule)
Grand Prize: JPY 150,000
Second Prize: JPY 50,000
Honorable Mention: JPY 10,000 (* Up to 10 winners)
* Please note that not all prizes are guaranteed to have winners.
How to Enter KCF 2D
1. Participation Requirements
- Students who have graduated or plan to graduate from high school, university, graduate school, technical college or trade school in 2019 or later
- Resident of Japan
2. Rules for Entries
“Character illustrations based on characters to be used in games or anime”
- The original character must be a human being.
- The illustration must be done in color.
- There must be an explanation about the concept or design submitted along with the illustration.
- Data size limit: 10 MB (max)
- Entries are limited to one per person .
Please Note the Following
- Applicants are not required to draw a background in their illustration.
- Applicants are allowed to submit illustrations that have been submitted in past competitions.
- Applicants are NOT allowed to submit illustrations that have won prizes in past competitions
- Applicants are allowed to submit illustrations that have been submitted as a school assignment.
How to Enter the Contest
https://www.vivivit.com/entries/kcf2d-character18 (Only available in Japanese)
Click the “エントリーする” button at the bottom of the page to move to the special page used for submitting entries. All entries must follow the regulations given above. Participants who do not receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org informing them that their registration is complete are asked to contact Vivivit, Inc. at email@example.com in order to complete the registration process.
KLab is a leader in online mobile gaming. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Tokyo, the company is listed on the 1st Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. KLab has consistently ranked as one of the top 50 grossing game publishers worldwide since 2012. With its emphasis on quality and innovative games, KLab continues to grow at a rapid pace, expanding beyond the Japanese market with offices in Singapore, Shanghai, and the United States. For more information about KLab, please visit http://www.klab.com/jp/english/.