KLab Announces Official Title of Cross-Media Project with KADOKAWA
Tokyo, Japan ‐ March 29, 2018 - KLab Inc., a leader in online mobile games, announced alongside KADOKAWA CORPORATION at AnimeJapan 2018 that the Japanese title of their upcoming cross-media project, previously known only as Project PARALLEL, will be Lapis Re:LiGHTs ~Kono Sekai no Idol wa Mahou ga Tsukaeru~.
The characters and cast of voice actors were also unveiled at the event. KLab went on to announce that in addition to the mobile game currently in development, a comic series and novelization have been officially added to the project. The list of updates led up to the surprise announcement that an anime project is currently underway.
Originally unveiled on September 21, 2017 at TOKYO GAME SHOW as Project PARALLEL, the official Japanese title for this cross-media project built on the central themes of “magic” and “pop stars” is now revealed to be Lapis Re:LiGHTs ~Kono Sekai no Idol wa Mahou ga Tsukaeru~. The music for the project is produced by JVC Kenwood Victor Entertainment. AltPlus Inc. has joined the project via game development and operation.
Official Website: https://www.lapisrelights.com
Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/lapisrelights
* Official website currently only available in Japanese.
Cast & Pop Group Introductions
“We’ll be the new lights.”
An energetic, up-and-coming pop group that’s out to take on the world with a smile.
“We’ll play for you a bewitching urban legend--an entrancing folklore.”
The charm of this unit is otherworldly... indeed, not human.
Konohana wa Otome
“Allow us to show you wabi-sabi rock.”
Three sisters from the country of Yamato here to deliver a dose of Japanese-infused rock.
“We’ll pocket your heart away!”
A pop unit as cute as a toy box.
“Gimme candy, let's go! Hello, hello!”
A topsy-turvy duo whose strength lies in their shocking antics and addictively sweet charms.
“We want to shine brighter than anyone else, ever.”
The most talented unit in school, led by a diva with a family history of musical success.
Latest Updates Revealed at AnimeJapan 2018
1. Official Title, Lapis Re:LiGHTs ~Kono Sekai no Idol wa Mahou ga Tsukaeru~, Unveiled!
The full, official title was revealed. A mobile game is currently under development as part of the project. The genre of the game will be a “character-based RPG where magical pop stars work miracles.” In-game screenshots from the development stages of the game were shown at AnimeJapan 2018.
2. Comic Series To Be Serialized in Dengeki Daioh
A comic series will be serialized in the monthly comic magazine Dengeki Daioh. The manga artist Hiroichi will provide the illustrations.
3. Novel Series To Be Published by MJ Bunko J
A KADOKAWA light novel series will be published by MJ Bunko J.
4. Anime in Development
Plans for an anime adaptation of the series are currently underway.
- Scenario Writer: Hajime Asano (Mayo Chiki!, Soukyuu no Lapis Lazuli)
- Character Design: U35 (iMarine Project (Vol. 2 character design), Kimi ni Koi o Suru nante Arienai Hazu datta)
- Worldbuilding Consultant: Yoshitaka Murayama (Suikoden, Suikoden II, The Alliance Alive)
- Concept Art: zhuzi (Sengoku Kitan: Muramasa Miyabi, Age of Ishtaria)
- Costume Design Consultant: Samei Ikusa
- Music Composition: Takamitsu Ono, Rei Kamiya, Camellia, Yosuke Sato/y0c1e/DJ Genki, Ryuichi Hagi, Machigerita (Schwarz†Ende), adstlaxy, DJ'TEKINA//SOMETHING, Kurio/Takashige Tsukada
- Choreography: EMI of HIGH-ENERGY with assistant SEIKO, Iripon-sensei, 217
Lapis Re:LiGHTs ~Kono Sekai no Idol wa Mahou ga Tsukaeru~ Overview
- Lapis Re:LiGHTs ~Kono Sekai no Idol wa Mahou ga Tsukaeru~
- Character-based RPG where magical pop stars work miracles
- Supported Platforms:
- Android™, iOS
- Official Website:
- Official Twitter:
- ©2017 KLabGames/KADOKAWA
About KADOKAWA CORPORATION
Founded in 1945, KADOKAWA CORPORATION is a global entertainment enterprise producing novels, comics, magazines, live-action films, animated series, games, and other cross-media content. Headquartered in Tokyo and headed by Masaki Matsubara, KADOKAWA’s goal is to accelerate into the future as a major figure in the global content industry.
KLab is a leader in online mobile gaming. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Tokyo, the company is listed on the 1st Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. KLab has consistently ranked as one of the top 50 grossing game publishers worldwide since 2012. With its emphasis on quality and innovative games, KLab continues to grow at a rapid pace, expanding beyond the Japanese market with offices in Singapore, Shanghai, and the United States. For more information about KLab, please visit http://www.klab.com/jp/english/.