KLab to Hold “KLab Creative Fes-2D-” Idol Illustration Contest
Tokyo, Japan ‐ September 7, 2017 - KLab Inc., a leader in online mobile games, announced that it will hold a 2D CG design contest, KLab Creative Fes-2D- Idol Illustration Contest, abbreviated as KCF 2D. KLab is calling for aspiring artists across Japan to enter their illustrations of female idol characters inspired by anime and games. Participants will compete to win the Grand Prize, Second Prize, or Honorable Mention, each complete with prize money.
About KLab Creative Fes-2D-
KCF 2D is a spinoff of the original KLab Creative Fes (KCF), a 3D CG design contest for students held annually since 2015. This time, the contest is not limited to students, and anyone living in Japan is free to enter for a chance to win!
KCF first kicked off in 2015 as an opportunity for student creators, the next generation of up-and-coming talent, to flex their creative muscles. Participants at past contests have commented on how they were glad they entered, because they previously lacked confidence in the quality of their work, but having the courage to take part helped them to make the next step in their careers. Building on the momentum of past contests, the KCF-2D- Character Illustration Contest was held earlier this year for student artists.
The new KCF-2D- Idol Illustration Contest extends beyond the academic sphere, giving not only students but also amateur artists, working professionals, and aspiring 2D CG designers the opportunity to enter for a chance to win impressive prizes and take their art to the next level. Designers across the country are encouraged to challenge themselves and submit their best work.
The contest is now accepting submissions (see below for details).
- Application Period:
- September 5, 2017 to 11:59 pm on October 4, 2017 (UTC +9)
- Results Announced:
- Mid-October 2017 (* Tentative schedule)
- Grand Prize:
- JPY 500,000
- Second Prize:
- JPY 200,000
- Honorable Mention:
- JPY 30,000 (* Up to 10 winners)
* Please note that not all prizes are guaranteed to have winners.
How to Enter KCF 2D
1. Participation Requirements
- Resident of Japan
- Individual (companies and groups of people collaborating on illustrations may not enter)
* Both professionals and amateurs welcome.
2. Rules for Entries
“Idol character illustration inspired by games and anime”
- Full body illustration of a female idol character
- The illustration must be done in color
- Data size limit: 10 MB (max)
- Entries are limited to one per person
- Illustration must be of an original character
Please Note the Following
- Applicants do not need to draw a background.
- Applicants are allowed to submit illustrations that have been submitted in past competitions.
- Applicants are NOT allowed to submit illustrations that are currently being reviewed for other public competitions.
https://www.vivivit.com/competitions/9-kcf2d_idol (Only available in Japanese)
Click the “作品応募” button at the bottom of the page to move to the special page used for submitting entries. All entries must follow the regulations given above. Participants who do not receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org informing them that their registration is complete are asked to contact Vivivit, Inc. at email@example.com in order to complete the registration process.
KLab is a leader in online mobile gaming. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Tokyo, the company is listed on the 1st Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. KLab has consistently ranked as one of the top 50 grossing game publishers worldwide since 2012. With its emphasis on quality and innovative games, KLab continues to grow at a rapid pace, expanding beyond the Japanese market with offices in Singapore, Shanghai, and the United States. For more information about KLab, please visit http://www.klab.com/jp/english/.