KLab Holds “KLab Creative Fes-2D-” Character Illustration Contest for Students
Tokyo, Japan ‐ April 28, 2017 - KLab Inc., a leader in online mobile games, announced today that they will be holding KLab Creative Fes-2D-, a design contest for students and aspiring illustrators. KLab Creative Fes-2D-, abbreviated as KCF 2D, does not focus on any single theme, but instead asks artists to submit a wide variety of character illustrations based on characters that can be used in games, anime, or any other character-related setting. The prizes to be awarded for the contest include the grand prize, second prize, and honorable mentions. Each prize category comes with its own monetary reward.
About KLab Creative Fes-2D-
KCF 2D is a new take on an old favorite, KLab Creative Fes. Abbreviated as KCF, KLab Creative Fes is an annual 3D CG design contest for students in Japan. KCF consistently brings out some of the best talent in Japan.
Since its inception in 2015, KCF has evolved into a proving ground for aspiring creators. KLab holds the event every year in order to provide a place for the next generation of up-and-coming talent to flex their creative muscles. Participants at past contests have commented on how they were glad they entered, because they previously lacked confidence in the quality of their work, but having the courage to take part helped them to make the next step in their careers.
KLab has received multiple requests from university and trade school students, event participants, and viewers, asking for a new category specifically designed for illustrators. This year, the company will launch its first-ever 2D CG design contest, KCF 2D. This new contest gives student creators the chance to share their work with the design world. It also aims to create new opportunities for aspiring artists to make a name for themselves and take their art to the next level. KLab has called for aspiring artists across the country to enter their best work into this year’s first-ever KLab Creative Fes-2D- contest.
Please see the official website below for more on KLab Creative Fes ‘17.
KLab Creative Fes ‘17 Official Site
http://www.klab.com/jp/recruit/kcf17/ (Only available in Japanese)
- Application Period:
- Friday, April 28 to 11:59 pm on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 (UTC+9)
- Results Announced:
- Early June 2017 (*Tentative schedule)
- Grand Prize:
- JPY 150,000
- Second Prize:
- JPY 50,000
- Honorable Mention:
- JPY 10,000 (*Up to 10 winners)
The awards ceremony will be held in the Roppongi area.
* Please note that not all prizes are guaranteed to have winners.
How to Enter KCF 2D
1. Participation Requirements
- Students who have graduated or plan to graduate from high school, university, graduate school, technical college or trade school in 2018 or later
- Resident of Japan
2. Rules for Entries
“Character illustrations based on characters to be used in games or anime”
- The character must be a human being.
- The illustration must be done in color.
- There must be an explanation about the concept or design submitted along with the illustration.
- Data size limit: 10MB (max)
- Entries are limited to one per person.
Please Note the Following
- This contest does not have a specific theme for entries in order to give all applicants a chance to submit their best work in an as many genres as possible.
- Applicants are allowed to submit illustrations that have been submitted in past competitions, as well as illustrations created as academic assignments.
- Applicants are NOT allowed to submit illustrations that are currently being reviewed for other public competitions.
How to Enter the Contest
https://www.vivivit.com/competitions/3-kcf2d (Only available in Japanese)
Click the “作品応募” button at the bottom of the page to move to the special page used for submitting entries. All entries must follow the regulations given above. Participants who do not receive an email from “firstname.lastname@example.org” informing them that their registration is complete are asked to contact Vivivit, Inc. at “email@example.com“ in order to complete the registration process.
* All trademarks and names of companies, products, and services are the property of their respective owners.
KLab is a leader in online mobile gaming. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Tokyo, the company is listed on the 1st Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. KLab has consistently ranked as one of the top 50 grossing game publishers worldwide since 2012. With its emphasis on quality and innovative games, KLab continues to grow at a rapid pace, expanding beyond the Japanese market with offices in Singapore, Shanghai, and the United States. For more information about KLab, please visit http://www.klab.com/jp/english/.